Sunday, April 25, 2010

It's done

How do I put go to words how I feel? Numb still. Surgery was on friday morning now it's sunday night, and finally I can let some tears flow. Been strong, but now I am alone and can let some of my grief out. Surgery went well even though I tried to bribe the bed pusher to go to the pub instead. I nearly lost it in the surgery waiting area, but had to stay strong for my boy, couldn't let him know how scared I was. The post op drugs were good, felt very little pain. Slept most of friday, and mic was there every time I opened my eyes. The kids came in, hope I didn't scare them too much. Saturday was shower, finally some food, see surgeon - he is happy with his work and gives me arm raising exercises. Them visitors mum, nat and mic followed by Shaun and mel, them kate, them santa Chelle and sam. The day flew and I was exhausted. Today, ANZAC day was slower, got to read some. They took out one of the two drainage tubes hope it settles down. Now it's late and sleep won't come, tears however do too easily. Pain killers are not doing their job. Hope this posts ok.

No comments:

Post a Comment