Monday, May 17, 2010

what a week

What a week of total physical and emotional turmoil...
The getting the chemo part was not too bad, apart from the nurse yelling at me to relax... sheesh... like that will work... she was trying to use the vein which was recently used for the axilla clearance surgery... and the anesthetist was not too gentle on that one so she couldn't get it in... gave up and went for another vein....and I ended up feeling dripping down the end of my finger... Yeah I bled all over the floor. What a comedy of errors.... hope I don't get her again... I was nervous enough as it was, and she did not add to it. I think that is one of the reasons I was so giggly on the forums etc... it was still all very surreal, and the anti nausea stuff was working nicely.
I was so comfortable, when Mum picked me up from the hospital we headed over to Chaddy for a coffee. I kept up my medication, and was using fruit tingles to the max - they rock for keeping the nausea at bay.
The rest of the week was a whirl. weary, ct and bone scan on Friday. Weary.... too weary to even look at blogs or forums...
Icky metallic blood taste in my mouth and nose...
Went into the city for a geocaching flash mob on saturday morning... thought I was feeling ok... guess I figured out my limits and spent most of sunday in and out of snoozing on the couch.
Oh My sister came over on Saturday to chop my locks... I needed to do something before it falls out.
The drain site is still uncomfortable... been good with checking temps... no issues there... very weary.... bit headachy...
Made it down to get my weekly blood test today... and about to get the kids... then a snooze..
Haven't had any nausea drug for the past 2 days... apart from fruit tingles... and finally back on a regular track (hehehe)
Still feeling very vague... and very weary..... more later

No comments:

Post a Comment