Friday, May 7, 2010

Over this

ughhhhh... how can I get a headache when I am taking panadol every 4 hours? and although it's lovely that people care about me... I just really need a day to myself to get this stuff together in my head - and clearly today is not the day.
Saw the medical oncologist yesterday , he seems really nice, but then the whole visit is a bit of a blur, much like the past 5 weeks have been. I had blood tests and am booked in for my first intensive chemo round next tuesday - staying overnight in hospital... that works, they have the good medicine.
I also have to make appointments for more scans and tests... I did wonder when they were coming - how far has this shit spread through my system???... I know I have other areas I would have been less surprised to find had cancer than my breast. I can't decipher the doctors scan request - ho hum - so I need to pop in (as I have no fax) to make the appointment... hopefully for Monday, they seemed to believe that was possible, and that I would be there most of the day - joy oh joy. At least I get my drain out in the morning... 9.00am, the kids will be happy with that :)
Can't rant for too long right now... the kids have a family week mass, and how cool we can actually make it, although Jack was concerned about my drain bottle, and that it should be well hidden, so no one could see it...Have that covered...
The we are off to the field of women at the MCG, and I will post some pics from there...
better get organised for today.

No comments:

Post a Comment