Sunday, May 26, 2013

Rads...again

Ahhh back to the rads onc.... Many familiar faces, and new tatts...bugger, just dots to line me up.... So I couldn't use the line... Was just in Frankston and left with a tramp stamp...LOL
A dot on my pubic line, one on each hip and one on my inside elbow.
That was over a week ago...
Started the course of 5 radiation treatments last Wednesday. So far so good, although, I was warned the area in the pelvis could cause diarrhoea if it clipped the bowel, or intestine...which is did, as I found out today... Guess I won't be taking a coloxyl and senna tonight.
I have been keeping busy, presenting at conferences the past two weekends, and also playing at Sandown last weekend. I told the flag chiefs the situation...they were understandably upset, but were happy that I will want to take on more training responsibilities...
The conferences have been good... Yesterday was eLearning, and I had a full on day, found out one of my twitter friends who presents and is an inspiring educator is going through his own cancer battle with stage 4 melanoma... Fucking cancer just sucks!!!!
Last night I had to build up the guts to tell my mum and sisters, as my Queensland sister was down for the weekend...that was hard.... But hopefully it will calm down...Mum will be the hardest...we will keep her at a needs to know level!
My sisters rock... After being very upset last night they are back on top of things today...working through questions and clarifying things in their own minds.... Next is my brother...arghhh...he and his lovely wife are dealing with her mum's cancer...so that will be another needs to know thing...
Hehehe, I don't usually see myself in full flight, but this was shared on Twitter as I presented my speed sharing bits.... After just having presented two 45 minute workshops I was pretty whacked...

No comments:

Post a Comment