Tuesday, August 17, 2010

No spelunking for me

Another month and a bit since I posted... I had meant to last week when in for my chemo, but my phone is not getting a good reception there....
I am sooo vague at the moment... I could have sworn I wrote a post since the Phillip Island one... hmmmm
Well I have finished the FAC chemo (4 x intensive 3 weekly doses in the hospital) and tomorrow is my third weekly dose of taxol at the day oncology unit.
I can feel the side effects have changed... there is far less nausea... but still very tired, and because it's weekly there doesn't seem to be much respite...
After the first week on taxol I had endometriosis pain... hadn't had that since starting FAC.. perhaps it's because it is not as strong as the FAC... it seems to have subsided this week... which is good...
I am surrounded by snuffles, and I think my weak immune system must be working overtime... my throat is dry and a bit rough... but apart from the menopausal flushes  I haven't had a temp (fingers crossed)
My blood count is low, and when I rang to check I was good to go tomorrow.... hmmmmm she had to call back, because all of the numbers were lower than they should be....
anyway... we are going ahead, and changing the dose...
speaking of which... this ADD girl (taking me all night to write this post... ughhhh) needs to get organised for an early start tomorrow...and a couple of hours in the day onc centre...

1 comment:

  1. Oh Suz I'm sending you lots of strength, hugs & all the good vibes I have xo You're right in the thick of it atm but you're almost there! I'm on day 9 of my last ever Taxol & still can't believe it.
    Take good care of you xo Maria

    ReplyDelete