Sunday, August 17, 2014

Next stage. In this journey

I guess it has been with trepidation that I have started to think about reducing the hours I work. Deep down I knew I had to, as I have been so very tired...but in my mind that meant I was giving in to f'n cancer by changing my hours, and working part time. As a teacher I hate taking days off, as it affects my students, this is something only other teachers truly understand.
So after getting a run around trying to find out what my options were in regards to mot losing money, but reducing hours, I finally set up a meeting with my union rep. Over these weeks I have been running a range of possible scenarios through in my head, how will it best work. What I came up with was working part time, but taking a day a week in sick leave...would it work? Could it work? I have 70 days sick leave up my sleeve...if I was to stop work now, they would be lost... If I was to reduce hours now it would affect my superannuation payout when I do decide to finish....
Union guy says yes...it is very do-able ... So I went straight on to the timetabler, so he can factor that in for term 4... Next time I see my oncologist I will get a certificate...and we will work it out.
I have also worked out what is making me so sleepy... Lyrica, which is used for nerve pain... I sending me to sleep... So not using it in the day...scary having micro sleeps as I drive home...
So very pleased to have a plan of attack...
And now to sleep...perchance to dream

No comments:

Post a Comment