Wednesday, April 16, 2014

Results are in.... I think

And what the result are is leaving me in limbo a bit...Well to say I don't know what the bone scan revealed is an understatement.... The mammo and ultrasound were both clear, however the physical exam on Monday revealed a painful lump under my scar area... Which he want to remove ASAP, after the bone scan results are in... Hmmmmm. This will be removed under a local.... This scares me more than a general... I would rather not know what is going on.....
Went into day oncology and was sent to the bed area... Nerves went on higher alert.... Is my management changing from just the jab every 4 weeks.... Why do I have to lie down? Panic mode, or just a full house?.... Seems it was misread info... Phew...
So get the jab... Then wait to see the locum onc... Where did she go???
Soooo finally... And the results??? Ohhh yeah there seems to be something going on... Definite issues with right hip ball joint and top of left hip, and sacrum. Well they didn't compare the scans to older scans... So ummm... Yeah the hips have been irradiated last year, but the sacrum.... Yep... That is new pain, and explains the nerve pain down the legs.
Elbow pain, probably tendinitis, as expected... It was hard to get, as it was the arm the radiation juice went into...LOL 


So I guess that means it has progressed... I am trying to play it down, and convince family and friends who know I was having a bone scan that it's all good, and just getting more radiation for pain management....
It at least means I wasn't imagining the pain... But bugger....
I did get offered morphine patches... Or oxy contin ... But you know, I will just live with it.... That whole quality of life... Not wanting to be fuzzier than I already am... And I can't imagine I would be able to drive with that....
So for now it's 2 Panadol osteo 3 times a day, 2 ibuprofen 3 times a day and endone, once I am at home.... So still only taking one at a time, but every 4 hours.... Still feel pain, but still feel able to function.
Want to do Bikram, but soooo tired....

For now.... At paintball celebrating my oldest child's 18th birthday....hoping to see many more milestones in their lives!




No comments:

Post a Comment