Tuesday, April 29, 2014

nip tuck... slice drain

So.... no progress with the bone rads... but today was the day to remove the lump the surgeon discovered during the physical exam with the mammogram stuff... I would have preferred to be totally out to it, but at least there was some numbness so most of the poking and prodding was more annoying than painful. The end result was he liked the look of it, and was pretty certain it was hardened fat rather than anything nasty. Stitched me up, popped in a drain which will be taken out tomorrow.. I find out the results on Monday...and stitches out on May 9th.
Looking ok, feeling ok... just draining into the gauze so as to prevent any infections.. Tomorrow I should hear from my radiation onc as to what the plan is there... She is lovely... I did hear that my onc had a heart attack in the carpark of the hospital... and is cutting back on his work... as he should... so hoping the break he is having will bring him some good health again...

No comments:

Post a Comment