Friday, June 28, 2013

Cancer sucks

I lost a friend today...her battle with the bastard C is over. She only found out she had cancer at the end of last year, they found secondaries first, lumps in her skin...took a while to find the primary...bowel cancer. It took 6 months...she didn't want chemo, but had it anyway...
She was an amazing woman, strong, very private and focused on her work and it took this bastard to break her. I had yesterday and today off work....so very tired just sleeping...I was glad not to be at work today to hear the news. I had heard she was in palliative care earlier in the week, and wasn't looking great, but had hoped she would have longer.... But I think she must have been ready to go...and leave behind the pain...
Too soon, she had more to tell in her story...

No comments:

Post a Comment