Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Hard week

Feel like I am getting on top... or at least managing the Taxol effects... the dex effects are still most annoying... the breakouts on my face really hurt, and seem to get worse each week... managing the pain in my muscles and bones with panadol regularly... trying to get some physical activity into my day.... have been walking most evenings with Michael...and trying to get on the wiifit most days... except when it hurts too much.
I was still very teary... hormonal? menopausal? just trying to deal? anyway I burst into tears again... when chatting to the Onc... wondering how will I know when it has all gone... after all, so much was there and not seen even with the scans... until it was cut out... and how much has gone through my lymph nodes into my body? I know the girls on the bulletin board are happy when there is no lymph node involvement, as that means the C has been contained within the breast.... so when it's cut out it is gone...once it goes to the lymph nodes... ughhhhhhh... anyway as a result I have a new prescription for anti anxiety/depression/hot flushes... not sure if it was that or the taxol that knocked me around from Thursday - Sunday, with Friday being my very sleepy day... but very light headed for most of the week... so feeling ok yesterday... and better today, but still a bit sleepy...and we start it all again tomorrow..second last... woo hooo
Not only have I put on excessive weight (15 kgs since May) but they were concerned about the sugar levels in one of my blood tests (apparently the charming dexamethasone can also cause diabetes..LOL... so last week I ended up having 3 blood tests...reg one on Monday, they pulled some blood to check ca levels etc after chemo on Wednesday... and then the fasting blood test on Friday and feeling very tired...no diabetes... sugar level is fine... however... for the first time ever my cholesterol is too high... shit shit shit
Now as to what has caused that... no surprises... having used chocolate as a comfort food... doing tons of baking with butter and chocolate... ok... it has given me a kick in the butt to stop feeling so sorry for myself...and do something about it...
so watching what I eat... and doing something physical each day... I am sure this will help my mental state too....
ahhhh next step is to organise the radiation therapy.... I think it was next week for the marking up... also looking to get some physio on my lympho arm... and guidance with exercises.... hoping I can start at gym and zumba soon....

No comments:

Post a Comment